12/30/2010

What does my future hold?

I can't fall asleep anymore. It's driving me insane, and while I wait to fall asleep my head is going crazy with so much thinking. And so, at 1:51am while I try to get some rest I keep thinking of my plans for the future.
I've known what I wanted to do for 4 years now. It was difficult for me in middle school not knowing what my future holds. I'm a perfectionist and when it comes to my future I need everything planned and organized on paper. When grade 9 came around somehow I came across photgraphy. My dad is pretty into photography as a hobby so it kinda helped me find my muse. I always wanted to play around with his camera and eventually with my mcdonalds pay check I saved up for my first SLR camera. It arrived on my 15th birthday and I was ecstatic. The camera (in which I still own today) was crazy to learn. To me photography was just taking pictures, I thought the camera did all the hard work. Learning was a challenge. I'm still learning new things today. Now since I'm totally off topic... Aha. This year I'm graduating and I'm scared as hell (pardon my language). Planning for your future is scary! My dream future would go a little like so... Graduate highschool, take a year off and work. Maybe some simple as full time at Sears as a photographer in their portrait studio to an assistant photographer to someone who works downtown vancouver in a studio, do some of my own photography business on the side, after a year go to Langara college and go into their photo imaging program, after that (I think it's 2 years?) buy a loft downtown where I can live as well as have a studio and office for my photography :) that's where I hope to be in the next 5 years or so. If any of that works out. My main concern now is money and graduating. Hopefully God will bless me with some funds to fulfill my dreams. That, and work my ass off for that studio downtown, aha.

Now to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment