1/13/2011

Youth Family

Feeling pretty stressed about some things. School, Macbeth and especially my youth
I've been attending for 6 years now since our new amazing youth pastor started, Andrew. I could never express how much I love these group of young adults. Within the past 6 years I grew closer to God as well as others. I know whenever i'm feeling crappy or unhappy youth every friday night was something that cheered me up. Andrew and his wife Hayley are two very special people. I look up to them and all the love they have for God. Everything in the youth group had been going perfect until one day it all came crashing down. I don't usually think of myself as an emotional person, but when it came to the news that they were leaving I broke down. It was one of the hardest days in my life. I never thought of the day when they would be gone.
Recently our church and youth group have been working together to prepare for Andrew's absence. And it's been so difficult for me. I guess it's hard to see them leave, it seems like the youth will never be the same without them. Being one of the older youth I feel a great deal of responsibility for our youth and our future. Right now it seems unbareable but I know for others I have to put my sadness aside and look into the future. God does things for a reason... Right?
 






So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. - Isaiah 41:10


No comments:

Post a Comment